Test year: 2018
ADAC overall rating: 2,0
- 6 months – 4 years | 67 cm – 105 cm | 9 kg – 18 kg (26.3″ – 41.3″ | 19.8 lbs – 39.6 lbs)
- only rearward-facing position
- i-Size approved
- Isofix with support leg
Cheapest Place to Buy:
- front and side impact crash with low risk
- belting is good
- stable position in the car
- incorrect usage is not probable
- easy and fast installation
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- good upholstery
- convenient seating position
- very good space for the child
- washing machine possible
- workmanship is very good
- pollution is very low
- bit more complex buckling
- leg rest not optimal
- more space is required in the car
- child has impaired view to the outside
- removing the cover is a bit more complex
Maxi-Cosi Pearl One is a safe and easy to use, only rearward facing seat. It can only be used on i-Size labeled seats in cars that can be found on the list of Maxi-Cosi’s homepage. Attaching to the seat with a seat belt is not possible. This seat is designed to be used intensively for 10 years which is a great thing as very many others can only be used for about 4 years. If you are planning to use your safety seat for more children, this 10 years of usage is a huge advantage compared to other ones.
The seat is 7.5 kg making it a lightweight seat among isofix based safety seats.
- The seat is to be used with the FamilyFix One i-Size base, and with this very same base the Maxi-Cosi Rock i-Size and Maxi-Cosi Pebble Plus baby safety seats can be used as well.
- The size and headrest can be easily adjusted.
- It is very easy to put in and take out the child from the seat thanks to its easy-in harness which stays open and does not slip under the child.
- The cover can be removed and washed in a washing machine.
- There are 4 recline positions from lie-flat to complete sitting.
- There is sound and light alert to minimize the possible misuse.
- 5-point harness for the best protection in case of a frontal collision.
Maxi-Cosi Pearl One seat can be bought in Nomad Black and Nomad Grey colors, which is not a big variety if you wanted to have some colorful seat in your car.
You can buy a sun canopy, cup holder and a summer cover in addition to the seat.
The car fitting list can be checked by clicking here. Just simply choose your car’s brand, model, type and year and you will get a list which Maxi-Cosi seats fit in your car.
Do not use on passenger seats with activated front airbag!
All in one, it has everything that necessary for a good and safe seat, but does not have additional features such as rotation to the side or a big variety of colors to choose from – but this can also be seen in its lower price.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the Maxi-Cosi Pearl One + FamilyFix One i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.