Test year: 2016
- birth – 18 months | 40 cm – 85 cm | birth – 13 kg (15.7″ – 33.4 | birth – 28.6 lbs)
- rearward facing
- The information provided here shows the result of the safety seat with safety belt installation.
- i-Size approved
- airplane usage approved
ADAC overall rating:
- seat belt: the review here shows this version
- isofix with i-Base
Cheapest Place to Buy: Uber Kids
- front impact crash with very low risk
- side impact crash with low risk
- belt course is optimal
- very firm connection to the car
- incorrect usage is not probable
- easy installation
- leg rest is very good
- good upholstery
- child has good view out of the windows
- convenient seating position
- little space is required in the car
- child has good space
- washing machine possible
- easily removable cover
- workmanship is very good
- pollution is very low
- bit more complex buckling because of the five-point belt
- weaknesses in the operating instructions and warnings
This review represents the installation with seat belt but it can also be installed with the Joie i-Base Isofix.
Joie i-Gemm is a very safe and lightweight seat with its 4.6 kg. Joie recommends to use i-Gemm for a maximum of 5 year period.
It can also be used as a carrier and a travel system on several buggies and strollers with a Maxi-Cosi adapter, and also without an adapter on its perfect match, the Joie Chrome 3in1, as well as on most Joie strollers.
Lie-flat or close to lie-flat position is not possible.
The seat can be used both with seat belt and isofix – a very good option if you want to have an isofix seat but need the flexibility and possibility to use it with a seat belt once in a while.
- The head is protected by 3 layers, including a memory foam called Intelli-Fit™.
- Side impact protection is provided by the patented Intelli-Fit™ foam.
- You can adjust the headrest and the padded harness with a central adjuster easily with one hand into 7 different positions.
- A full body and head insert comes with the seat to support newborn babies.
- The base is curved so that you can also rock and relax your baby in the seat.
- A full coverage sun canopy with UPF 50+ is also part of the seat, that also has a zip-open mesh panel and it is also fully removable.
- You can also choose to have the seat together with its base to make it safer for your baby and easier for you.
- The carry handle is ergonomic.
There are two colors you can choose from, both of them are very elegant: pavement gray or black with white dots.
When the car seat is installed on the front passenger seat, you must switch off the front passenger airbag.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the JOIE i-Gemm (i-Size) seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.