Test year: 2018
- Birth – approx. 4 years | birth – 105 cm | birth – 18 kg (birth – 41.3″ | birth – 39.6 lbs)
- rearward facing: birth (45 cm) – 105 cm
- forward facing possibility: 76 cm – 105 cm (29.9″– 41.3″)
- i-Size approved
- 360° rotation
- Isofix with support leg only
Cheapest Place to Buy:
ADAC result in details:
- front impact crash with low risk
- side impact crash with very low risk
- belting is good
- stable position in the car
- easy installation
- operating instructions and warnings are very easy to follow
- good upholstery
- convenient seating position
- child has very good space
- washing machine possible
- easily removable cover
- workmanship is good
- pollution is low
- incorrect usage is a bit probable
- bit more complex buckling
- very heavy seat
- leg rest not optimal
- more space is required in the car
- child has impaired view to the outside
gb Vaya i-Size is a safe seat that can be rotated in 360°. Installing is only possible with its isofix, seat belt installation is not possible. It can be used for newborns with an insert but cannot be used as a carrier. This seat was the winner in the German Design Award in 2018 and at the same time it has top-line safety features as well as parent-friendly solutions.
- A central adjuster helps to adapt the harness together with the headrest to the height of the child in 12 positions.
- Bigger children also have enough leg space.
- The 360° rotation makes it easy to turn the seat from rearward facing to forward facing position and back. It is also a great help while you place in and out the child and can prevent you from having back pain.
- Driving Direction Control makes sure that you cannot use the seat in a forward facing position before 76 cm and 16 months.
- Energy Reduction-Technology protects the child’s head and neck. In a frontal collision, the Energy Reduction-Technology activates and the headrest slides down to minimize the incoming energy on the neck.
- Linear Side-impact Protection System is also integrated in the seat to reduce the energy on the seat and as a result on the baby in case of a side impact. It has to be folded out on the side of the seat that is closer to the door.
- The shell is made of an energy absorbing material and it also covers the baby to protect.
- Installing the seat into the isofix only takes one click to prevent any misuse.
- There are 5 different recline position when the seat is rearward facing, and 3 when it is forward facing.
- Magnetic harness clips are very helpful for parents while buckling the child.
- It has a 5-point harness system.
- Isofix guides are included in the price to protect the seat in the car.
Additionally, you can buy a summer cover, and a cup holder matching with the gb Vaya i-Size seat.
When the car seat is installed on the front passenger seat, you must switch off the front passenger airbag.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the gb Vaya i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.