Test year: 2018
ADAC overall rating: 2,3
- Birth – 4 years | 45 – 105 cm (17.7″ – 41.3″)
- rearward facing from 45 – 105 cm (17.7″ – 41.3″) OR
- forward facing from 76-105 cm or earliest 15 months (29.9″ – 41.3″)
- i-Size approved
- Isofix with support leg
Cheapest Place to Buy:
- side impact crash with very low risk
- stable position in the car
- belting is good
- easy installation
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- good upholstery
- convenient seating position
- very good space for the child
- washing machine possible
- easily removable cover
- workmanship is very good
- pollution is very low
- front impact crash with very average risk
- incorrect usage is a bit probable
- bit more complex buckling
- very heavy
- leg rest not optimal
- more space is required in the car
- child has impaired view to the outside
The Cybex Sirona S i-Size seat can be used from birth, however, it cannot be used as a carrier to bring the baby to the vehicle in it. You can decide if you need a car seat that can be turned into a travel system – I had a safety seat that could have been used as a carrier when my children were little, though I never used it on my pram and never carried them in it, I only put them in a carry-cot until they turned 6 months old. So, I do not think it should be a problem but decide about it by yourself.
The seat is heavy (14.6 kg), but safe. It can be used in i-Size approved vehicles or in the ones that match with this type of seat and can be found on Cybex’s vehicle list. Attaching the seat to the vehicle’s seat is only possible with the isofix and support leg, seat belt cannot be used.
Cybex Sirona S is designed to be used for 4 years according to the manufacturer, and this is the time frame that all these characteristics are valid for.
- You can rotate the seat with one hand in 360° – making it backpain friendly.
- The Driving Direction Control prevents using the seat in a forward facing position before 16 months.
- Energy Reduction Technology protects the child from a frontal impact in forward facing position. When the impact happens, it activates by lowering the headrest and reducing the energy on the child’s neck by 20%.
- Linear Side-Impact Protection is extendable on the side that is facing the door. Together with the energy absorbing shell they reduce the force of energy coming from the side of the door by approximately 25%.
- The seat can be connected to the Isofix base by on click both in rearward and forward facing position. An indicator shows if the seat is not connected properly.
- The headrest can be adjusted in 12 different height to follow your baby’s growth in every step.
Cybex Sirona S is available in seven different colors.
Summer cover, isofix guides and cup holder can be bought additionally.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the Cybex Sirona S i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.