Test year: 2015
- Birth – 18 months | birth – 13 kg (birth – 28.6 lbs)
- rearward facing
- The information provided here shows the result of the safety seat with its isofix, Base Q-fix installation
- perfect for premature babies and very small newborns (from 45 cm)
ADAC overall rating:
- isofix: Base Q-fix
- seat belt
Cheapest Place to Buy
ADAC result in details:
- front impact crash with low risk
- side impact crash with very low risk
- belting is optimal
- firm connection to the vehicle
- only buckle up the child
- easy and fast installation
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- leg rest is very good
- good upholstery
- child has good view out of the windows
- convenient seating position
- child has very good space
- little space is needed
- washing machine possible
- workmanship is good
- bit increased risk of incorrect operation
- removing the cover is a bit more complex
- pollution is a bit increased
This review represents the installation with its isofix base but it can also be installed with seat belt.
Cybex Cloud Q is among the safest baby seats having a ‘very safe’ mark, being the only one that got ‘very good’ in the 0+ category in 2015. It is a bit heavier with its 5.6 kilos compared with for example Aton Q‘s 5.1 kg or Aton M‘s 4.8 kg. Cloud Q has been designed and engineered in Germany.
Inside the car an almost lie-flat position can be made for little babies, while outside a total lie-flat position is possible, and as such, the seat can replace the carry-cot with its function – and you do not even have to take out the baby of the carrier to transform the seat into this flat-lie position thanks to its longer leg-rest and reclining backrest.
It can also be used as a carrier and a travel system on several buggies and strollers (e.g. Cybex, gb) with an adapter.
Cloud Q cannot be used on airplanes.
The seat can be used both with seat belt and isofix – a very good option if you want to have an isofix seat but need the flexibility and possibility to use it with a seat belt once in a while.
- A central adjuster helps to adapt the size and height of the harness and headrest to the baby and they can be adjusted simultaneously. 11 different height positions are available.
- The seat includes a newborn insert for an almost lie-flat position that can be removed as the baby grows. The function is to keep the head-neck-chest line in a flat position to prevent the baby’s head from falling forward causing serious breathing problems.
- The Telescopic Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System) protects the baby from a possible side impact by absorbing and channeling away the energy with its flexible material. You have to open the Linear Side-impact Protection on the side that is closer to the door. In case, you place the seat in the middle of the rear seats, you must not unfold the Linear Side-impact Protection.
- The harness is Y-shaped, extra wide with crotch pads.
- The sun canopy is extra large with UPF50+ sun protection and can be adjusted into 4 different positions.
- It has a 3-point harness system.
- The shell is energy absorbing for side impact protection.
- The cover can be washed on 30°.
Additionally, you can buy a footmuff, rain and summer cover, insect net. Isofix guides matching with the Cloud Q seat (if you choose to buy the seat with its base) are also available.
There are two different types of inlay materials available for Cybex Cloud Q. One of them is a soft and cozy comfort style. The other one is the Plus version which looks like denim with a twill effect and is exclusive and a very hard-wearing fabric.
Regarding the pattern and colors of the fabric, this seat can most probably run for the widest choice award. There are:
- 4 color in the Comfort version
- 4 colors in the Plus version
- 3 different types in the fashion collection – I would accept any of them right away, especially the one with the rain forest pattern
- 1 by Anna K: very nice for boys with planets
- 2 by Jeremie Scott: very different from the previous ones. I am not 100% sure if those creatures are supposed to be anime figures, super heroes or angels – or probably all of them are there. I am happy to hear your opinion in this in the comments.
When the car seat is installed on the front passenger seat, you must switch off the front passenger airbag.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the Cybex Cloud Q seat with its base or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.