Test year: 2016
ADAC overall rating:
- 45 cm – 75 cm | birth – 13 kg (17.7″ – 29.5″ | birth – 28.6 lbs)
- rearward facing
- lightweight (5.1 kg)
- The information provided here shows the result of the safety seat with safety belt installation
- i-Size approved
- perfect for premature babies and very small newborns (from 45 cm)
- seat belt: the result here represents this version
- Isofix installation with Base Q i-Size
Cheapest Place to Buy:
- front and side impact crash with very low risk
- belting is good
- incorrect usage is not probable
- installation of the seat and buckling the seat is easy
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- leg rest is good
- good upholstery
- child has good view out of the windows
- convenient seating position
- child has good space
- little space is required in the car
- washing machine possible
- easily removable cover
- workmanship is good
- pollution is very low
- not too stable position in the car
Cybex Aton Q i-Size (Isofix) is an extremely safe and lightweight safety seat that can also be used as a carrier and a travel system on several buggies and strollers (e.g. Cybex, gb) with an adapter.
This review represents the installation with seat belt. It can also be installed with the Aton Q i-size isofix base.
Aton Q cannot be used on airplanes.
The seat can used both with seat belt and isofix – a very good option if you want to have an isofix seat but need the flexibility and possibility to use it with a seat belt once in a while.
- A central adjuster helps to adapt the size and height of the harness and headrest to the baby. 8 different height positions are available.
- The seat includes a newborn insert for an almost lie-flat position that can be removed as the baby grows. The function is to keep the head-neck-chest line in a flat position to prevent the baby’s head from falling forward causing serious breathing problems.
- The Linear Side-impact Protection (L.S.P. System) protects the baby from a possible side impact by absorbing and channeling away the energy with its flexible material. You have to open the Linear Side-impact Protection on the side that is closer to the door. In case, you place the seat in the middle of the rear seats, you must not unfold the Linear Side-impact Protection.
- The seat inlay is soft and padded.
- The harness is Y-shaped, extra wide with crotch pads.
- The sun canopy is extra large with UPF50+ sun protection and can be adjusted into 4 different positions.
- It has a 3-point harness system.
- The shell is energy absorbing for side impact protection.
- The cover can be washed on 30°.
Additionally, you can buy a footmuff, rain and summer cover, insect net and Isofix guides matching with the Aton Q i-Size seat (if you choose to buy the seat with its base).
There are two different types of inlay materials available for Cybex Aton Q. One of them is a soft and cozy comfort style with 4 different colors. The other one is the Plus version which looks like denim and is exclusive and a very hard-wearing fabric. This latter one is also available in 4 different colors.
When the car seat is installed on the front passenger seat, you must switch off the front passenger airbag.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the CYBEX Aton Q i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.