Test year: 2018
ADAC overall rating: 1,7
- Birth – 4 years | 40 – 105 cm | birth – 18 kg (15.7″ – 41.3″ | birth – 39.6 lbs)
- i-Size approved
- lateral rotation to the open car door – most flexible option
- stylish and modern design
- only rearward-facing position
- Isofix with support leg
- front impact crash with very low risk
- side impact crash with low risk
- belting is good
- stable position in the car
- incorrect usage is not probable
- easy installation
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- leg rest is good
- padding is very good
- convenient seating position
- child has very good space
- washing machine possible
- easily removable cover
- workmanship is very good
- pollution is very low
- bit more complex buckling
- very heavy
- more space is required in the car
- child has impaired view to the outside
Britax Römer Swingfix i-Size seat is among the best ones in the ADAC, 2018 test. It was tested in the i-Size (up to 105 cm) category together with other 13 seats. ADAC rates it a safe, but extremely heavy seat (16,3 kg) that can be used from birth, but only in rearward-facing position. Even though it is also for newborns, it cannot be used as a carrier – for instance for me it would have never been a problem as I never used a safety seat as a carrier, I preferred putting them into a carry-cot on the pram and I simply carried them in my hand when we went to the car. However, you might consider if it is a problem for you before purchasing.
- You can put your child into the seat easily thanks to its lateral rotation towards the door.
- The cover is removable and can be washed in a washing machine.
- A newborn insert is included for maximum safety and comfort for the smallest ones.
- You can turn the seat by 90 degrees when the car is parked so that you can place in your child easier.
- The rebound bar can be adjusted by 8 degrees to make your seat perfectly fit on your car seat and to give extra leg room for your child.
- Superior Side Impact Protection (called SICT) keeps your baby out of harm coming from a side crash and absorbs the energy.
- By using a rearward-facing seat longer, you protect your child’s head and neck which are not strong enough at this age.
- The seat is designed to be put into several recline position to find the one that best suits your baby’s age and mood.
- The side wings are deep and softly padded to provide comfort and safety.
- V-shaped headrest controls the child’s unintended head movement while on the go.
- A 5-point harness is not even comparable with a 3-point one – so it is not a question that Britax Römer only provides seats – obviously including Swingfix – with a 5-point harness.
- The support leg’s height is adjustable to fit in your car.
The seat is available in 5 different colors.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the Britax Römer Swingfix i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.