Test year: 2016
ADAC overall rating: 1,8
- Birth – 12 months | 40 – 75 cm (15.7″ – 29.5″)
- The seat is compatible with many different pushchairs – see the list at the bottom of the page.
- Approved: UN R-129 (i-Size)
- unique side impact protection (SIP+)
- ergonomic carrying handle
- extra large integrated sun canopy with sunblocking and ventilation
- isofix OR
- 3-point seatbelt
ADAC result in details:
safety without its base
- front and side impact crash with very low risk
- belting is good
- stable position in the car
- incorrect usage is not probable
- easy and fast installation
- operating instructions and warnings are easy to follow
- leg rest is good
- good upholstery
- child can look out of the windows
- seating position is convenient
- not much space required in the car
- child has a good space
- machine wash
- easily removable cover
- good workmanship
- Pollution is very low
- buckling the child a little more complex
BESAFE iZi Go Modular i-Size is an innovative child seat system. One Isofix base can be used with two seats, so when your baby grows out from the baby seat, you can use the same Isofix base with the next safety seat. The Isofix base can be extended, so the seat provides more legroom for the child. This means that your child can travel rear-facing up to 4 years old. Installing the seat is very quick and easy, all you have to do is to click the seat and go.
- A so-called SIP+ (side impact protection) has been developed by Besafe as this is the second most common source of injuries in car accidents. Obviously, the SIP+ is on the side of the seat, which is closer to the door of the car. Its function is to absorb energy by up to an additional 20% to reduce the impact of the crash on the baby’s neck and head. SIP+ makes the distance shorter between the seat and the door in order to reduce the movement – less movement is less impact on the seat and the child.
- The seat shell is covered with EPS and foam and soft padding to make it extremely comfortable for your baby.
- Magnets help you keep the harnesses out of the way while placing the baby.
- The seat has 5-point harness system for maximum safety.
- The cover is removable and can be washed in a washing machine.
Stroller list that you can use with you BESAFE iZi Go Modular i-Size safety seat:
This stroller list is applicable for all models of BeSafe iZi Go, including BeSafe iZi Go Modular i-Size andBeSafe iZi Go X1. You can get a compatible adapter to attach the seat from the stroller manufacturer.
When the car seat is installed on the front passenger seat, you must switch off the front passenger airbag.
In addition to the seat, you can also buy matching rain and seat cover and a belt collector.
I hope you liked this review and if you have any question about the BESAFE iZi Go Modular i-Size seat or want to leave your own personal experience, leave a comment below.